All people with an interest in the school – parents, staff and governing council– work together in the cooperative and community spirit of Seaview Downs Primary to accomplish goals that provide a better school experience for our students. Parent participation in the school community is valued and encouraged, and there are a number of ways for parents to get involved– classroom support, library, excursions and camps, in the canteen, with sport, just to name a few. If you are interested in helping at the school on a regular basis, you will need a Working With Children Check (WWCC) and to complete the volunteering paperwork as listed below.
We trust that you will enjoy helping as much as we will appreciate your help.
Information for Volunteers
The Department for Education requires all regular volunteers at schools to have a current screening history from the Department of Human Services. The clearances are now valid for 5 years. Seaview Downs Primary School can initiate the process.
Before volunteers start working at a Department for Education service, school or preschool, they must:
- have a current working with children check (WWCC).
- complete a volunteer application form that includes signing a declaration
- complete the volunteer screening and suitability requirements
- complete the Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (RAN-EC) course for volunteers
- complete the volunteer induction, including work health and safety
- be given a role description
- sign a volunteer agreement.
Detailed information can be found through the Department for Education website link below.
The links below will take you to the information/paperwork you will need to complete.