We trust that you will enjoy helping as much as we will appreciate your help.
Information for Volunteers
The Department for Education requires all regular volunteers at schools to have a current screening history from the Department of Human Services. The clearances are now valid for 5 years. Seaview Downs Primary School can initiate the process.
Before volunteers start working at a Department for Education service, school or preschool, they must:
- have a current working with children check (WWCC).
- complete a volunteer application form that includes signing a declaration
- complete the volunteer screening and suitability requirements
- complete the Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (RAN-EC) course for volunteers
- complete the volunteer induction, including work health and safety
- be given a role description
- sign a volunteer agreement.
Detailed information can be found through the Department for Education website link below.
The links below will take you to the information/paperwork you will need to complete.